Looking for an alternative to MightyText

kbeakley

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I hope this is the right place to post this....

I LOVE MightyText, but all of a sudden it has stopped sending MMS messages when I send from my computer. It worked for a long time, then quit....now they're telling me there's nothing they can do, it's Rogers....So I'm looking for an alternative. Sending MMS messages from my computer is a huge advantage for my business.

Rogers OneNumber doesn't seem to do the trick.

Any ideas?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Thanks in advance!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you taken a look at Desksms? I haven't used it, but Sean people who have and seem to enjoy using it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
It's fantastic, in my opinion. Was using MT, but thought i'd try something else. It's sync with gmail is the feature that has kept me using it over MT.

Just whilst i'm here, does anybody know how to get it working over wifi? When my phone is connected to wifi, the SMS does not get pushed to gmail or to my pc. If wifi is off, it's instant. Been looking around and it seems to be relatively common but no answers. Even from the devs when it's put to them.

agp423

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. However, I installed Hello SMS and set that as my default messaging app and I could send MMS/group messages. That worked for a week and stopped a few days ago. I know Contacts+ also works with MT if you set Contacts+ as your default messaging app. However, Contacts+ has issues when it comes to storing duplicate numbers, so I dropped that.

Have you taken a look at Desksms? I haven't used it, but Sean people who have and seem to enjoy using it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Biggest down side is that DeskSMS isn't free.