Should I just drag and drop my mp3's into the phone without using software ?

Scott111

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I connected my LGG2 phone to the PC and just copied over folders that contain mp3's in the phone music folder if I remember correctly and the music played fine. So am I suppose to use software of sorts though ? What method do most people use to get music on their phone ? that's assuming their like me and have mp3's on their PC and want to put them on their phone. thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I connected my LGG2 phone to the PC and just copied over folders that contain mp3's in the phone music folder if I remember correctly and the music played fine. So am I suppose to use software of sorts though ? What method do most people use to get music on their phone ? that's assuming their like me and have mp3's on their PC and want to put them on their phone. thanks

Programs are available to let you sync or transfer media. There's no problem with manually moving files over if that works for you. There's really no right means of doing this, only preferences.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Dragging and dropping is totally fine, and is the easiest way, as long as you're not interested in an actual sync (i.e., automatically have your device update new songs and delete songs that you added or subtracted from your computer). Syncing requires 3rd party software.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Just be careful that you don't have the phone connected to the computer through a hub and try to drop 500 songs at once. USB tends to fail with huge data transfers, and hubs make it worse. But whether you use an app or just drag & drop (which is actually using a program on your computer) makes no difference - the same file will show up on the phone.

The only problem you may run into is a song or video that's in a file format that your computer has a program to run but your phone doesn't. Then you either convert it on the computer and copy the converted file to the phone, or find an app for the phone that plays that kind of file. (For instance, you may not have an app on your phone that will play FLAC files. If that happens, or you're on 4.4.2, try Neutron. It not only does FLAC [which 4.4.2 does natively, but there's a bug in the codec], it uses its own codec. And it's free.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non