nexus 4 Turns off when not plugged in! HELP

Ana Cisneros

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi, okay so I've had my nexus 4 since around July and I just around January it started turning off by itself every once in a while. it started then happening more and more recently and now it turns off whenever its not plugged. It basically only works when I have it charging. It's beyond frustrating and I have absolutely no idea what to do! Ive dropped it way more than a "few times" and the back is cracked but does this have to do with the frustrating fact that it doesn't work unless its plugged in? Also when its not plugged in, if I turn it on it will turn on and the farthest it'll get is to the "Google" logo in the beginning and then turn off and on and on again by itself constantly until it practically drains its own battery and doesn't re-turn on. PLEASE HELP! :'(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The second part is worse than the first part. Turning on only to turn off then start again is a boot loop and it can be caused by breaking something when you drop the phone - even once. I'd get an estimate about that before I started worrying about the other problem, which is probably a battery that's died before its time because you probably drained every last drop of juice out of it over and over (which, if you're very lucky, will give you 100-200 charges before the battery is totally gone). (Best battery life is charging t the 40%-60$ point. If you need more time than that, buy a spare battery and keep it charged and with you. Swap batteries [or get an external charger] so you can always have 2 fully charged batteries.)

Considering how cheap Nexi are, it might cost less to replace the phone than to fix it. (And to buy a TPU case, so it's cushioned when you drop it.)

JoeSimms

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi, okay so I've had my nexus 4 since around July and I just around January it started turning off by itself every once in a while. it started then happening more and more recently and now it turns off whenever its not plugged. It basically only works when I have it charging. It's beyond frustrating and I have absolutely no idea what to do! Ive dropped it way more than a "few times" and the back is cracked but does this have to do with the frustrating fact that it doesn't work unless its plugged in? Also when its not plugged in, if I turn it on it will turn on and the farthest it'll get is to the "Google" logo in the beginning and then turn off and on and on again by itself constantly until it practically drains its own battery and doesn't re-turn on. PLEASE HELP! :'(

Hello Ana,
I have the same situation with my N4. Minus all the dropping.
Did you find any solutions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
333tmh