Help finding a calendar app

bs03

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I hope that someone can help me find a calendar app. I come to Android from PalmOS via webOS. I find Jorte and CalendarPad to be almost acceptable except for one function I can no longer live without... I want to be able to quickly/easily view or unview our various calendars. Both of these programs require going through settings menus. If you have ever seen webOS, it is done on the top of the calendar.

Thanks for the help.

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I hope that someone can help me find a calendar app. I come to Android from PalmOS via webOS. I find Jorte and CalendarPad to be almost acceptable except for one function I can no longer live without... I want to be able to quickly/easily view or unview our various calendars. Both of these programs require going through settings menus. If you have ever seen webOS, it is done on the top of the calendar.

I have no direct answer, but there are hundreds of calendar apps in the Play Store. Both free and paid. Browse around and try a handful for yourself. Surely you can find one there that fits your needs.

bs03

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the help.

The stock Google Calendar in week or day view on the Nexus7 has a form of this function. In the lower right corner the different calendars are listed; clicking on one toggles it between view and unview.
On the phone it is not there. You have to pull up a settings menu.

I would even settle for a direct popup list of the calendars.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
aCalendar has it, if i understand what you're asking. On the upper left hand corner, where where it has the date, and the little triangle, which obviously indicates that is a rectangle that opens, it opens up options to, in addition to time views, options for different all your different calendars. And it's radio box, so can choose any combination of the calendars.

org.withouthat.acalendar_4.png

This calendar is very gestury by the way, to get from month to week to day, it's a swipe horizontally, and to go from period of time to period of time, it's vertical swipes. The free version is really good and no adds, just no agenda view, only in paid version.

From what i'm seeing, on Business calendar you can choose your calendars with one hit on the bottom, they are listed out. Better looking week view too, but useless month view. But true to android style, gestures on Business Calendar are yes to one thing, and no to the other, which really annoys me, i'd rather have no gestures than left means one thing and right does either nothing or does something totally random and definitely won't get you back the way you came, like, come ON. lol. SO annoying.

Business-Calendar-Weekly.jpg

If aCalendar more had the more common digital week view (as oppose to the style paper ones use), i'd be in heaven.

Last edited:

bs03

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I haven't tried Calengoo. It looks like a fine app but I have looked through all the lit and I don't see where it lets me easily select which calendars to view. I don't want to pay $6 for something that isn't what I want. I have already tried 10 apps and looked at/researched dozens that I didn't try.

aCalendar is nice and lets me choose what to see but I am having several other issues with it. First, it is only a front-end (overlay), and it won't work with the Google calendar app/sync that is embedded on my phone for some reason (I tried a lot). This means that I need to have a backend for it. That means more resources and more things to go wrong. And so far I haven't gotten it to load back data but I don't know if that is aCalendar or it's interaction with the backend. So I am ready to ditch this one and keep looking.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I haven't tried Calengoo. It looks like a fine app but I have looked through all the lit and I don't see where it lets me easily select which calendars to view. I don't want to pay $6 for something that isn't what I want. I have already tried 10 apps and looked at/researched dozens that I didn't try.

aCalendar is nice and lets me choose what to see but I am having several other issues with it. First, it is only a front-end (overlay), and it won't work with the Google calendar app/sync that is embedded on my phone for some reason (I tried a lot). This means that I need to have a backend for it. That means more resources and more things to go wrong. And so far I haven't gotten it to load back data but I don't know if that is aCalendar or it's interaction with the backend. So I am ready to ditch this one and keep looking.

Did you try business calendar?