How to increase touchscreen sensitivity on S4 with Silicone screen protector??

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased a waterproof case for my phone. The front has a silicone type of screen cover and it appears to affect my touchscreen.

I had a screen protector on my phone as well so I took off the screen protector and put it back in the waterproof case and it appears to have improved the function somewhat but still, it's problematic at times.

Especially with the camera. I can pretty much access everything else with a tap or two or three (sometimes) but the camera I have to press it countless times before it will even take one picture. I can use voice control to snap photos but when it gets noisy or if I'm underwater it won't work.

I purchased the waterproof case so i can take underwater pictures. So any suggestions as to how I can improve this functionality with the case on?

I also have Increased touch sensitivity checked off.

Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried setting your phone to Increased Sensitivity (usually for when wearing gloves)? This might work, but it will also deplete your battery just a tad faster.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Then I don't see how you could boost sensitivity other than hacking your device's sensors (like, phisically) or maybe a software hack (would require root, no doubt) to increase the power current to the sensor coils? But this could potentially damage your device, not to mention drain your battery like crazy.

Have you tried mapping the shutter to any physical buttons? That might work better than touch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty