Can anyone help with address book configuration?

fluxx

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Google Nexus 5: Need help with address book configuration

For the next few weeks I'm using a Nexus 5 as my primary device, my normal phone is a Nokia Lumia 925 but from time to time I need to think outside the box ;)

So far impression: Nice device, far better apps, but the OS itself is still not so smooth as I'm used too (not smooth in the way of framerates, but usability). I will keep the phone at least until Android L comes out to see what's new and better.

Now I need help with one thing: Address book. I have a Google Account, an Exchange Account, Skype, Facebook, Twitter. But I keep all my addresses on my Exchange Account. On Windows Phone I can enable or disable sync & view by account. On Android 4.4 I can also enable and disable the sync, but sync ones and the data stays even if disabled afterwards. Now I can at least choose which account to view, in my case the Exchange Account. But there are much more addresses on it and it is a complete mess. I guess everybody I received or answered a mail once is on the list. Also old addresses I keep in a different address folder.

Question No. 1: How can I get a clean list of my Exchange address book but nothing else... ?

Question No. 2: I configured the addresses to be sorted by lastname with lastname leading. Looks good on the phone but connected to my car, the addresses are ordered by firstname, firstname leading and again there are too many names on the list. (When I configure WP in the same way, the address list on the car ist ordered and displayed as expected.).

Perhaps someone could give me a hint... Thanks!

Last edited:

fluxx

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Nexus 5: Need help with address book configuration

I messed up with the thread title: Actually I need help with a Nexus 5 and not a Lumia 925 ;-) If anybody could give me a hint ... ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non