Does this exist? SD card reader for micro slot

jonaddis84

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I cant believe I cant find anything like this, probably because searching is difficult to yield anything but normal SD card readers.

Anyway, I would love to have this device... a SD card reader that you plug into a micro usb slot. Im not sure if an Evo or other devices would support such a device, and maybe thats why they dont exist, but it would be a great idea I think.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
You need to compile a new kernel, and make an adapter out of parts from Radio Shack. One of my Hero's has USB host built in and I can use USB sticks or cardreaders. Never was able to split the cable to get outside power to use an external DVD drive though.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
The Archos and Viewsonic tablets do this out of the box. All that's required is a way to connect mini/micro USG to standard USB, and changing an "N" to a "Y" in a few places in the kernel makefile before you build the software

You can even use USB mice and Keyboards on some of the El Cheapo Android tablets that have a full size USB input. IMO all Android devices should have it, but my opinion only matters to me :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress