Rooted...willing to help a brother out?

GensBB

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok...so I took the plunge with the new one click app for rooting my D2, and it worked flawlessly. I have installed "Wireless Tether", "Titanium Backup" and "BusyBox". So, here are some questions for those that wish to help:
1.) Is "Busybox" supposed to have an icon to launch it?....or is it just a good thing to have for other apps to be able to use in the OS? Titanium Backup says it is installed and all is good.
2.) It is my understanding that Wireless Tether for root, will allow free tethering from Verizon. Is that correct?
3.) What is the best app to use to delete this bundled crap ware from verizon off my phone?

If there are any other things that you think would help me get the most out my D2, throw your thoughts in there as well. All are welcome. My eyes and brain hurt already from all the ROOTED related posts Ive been reading for help. THANKS!

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
1. busybox is a program that many root apps need to run properly. its not something you can launch.

2. yes, wireless tether essentially does the same thing that verizon's 3g mobile hotspot app does, except that its free of course.

3. check out these threads (theyre in the droid x forum, but the OS is the same on both)

http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-x-roms-hacks/30447-bloatware-2-2-a.html

http://forum.androidcentral.com/mot...d-bloatware-safely.html?highlight=rename+apps

by the way, i recommend not deleting the bloatware just in case you ever need it later (like when/if the 2.3 update comes out and you want it). renaming or freezing it should work fine

Reactions: Jerry Hildenbrand

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
just dont forget that if an ota update comes out and you want it, youll have to rename the bloat back to .apk or unfreeze those apps, or you could bork your phone

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
When I initially rooted my Evo I deleted files with glee. When the update rolled along, the updating with glee party turned out to be a pain. My advise is just to forget they exist.

Killer Pie

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
This may sound noobish but just wondering, what are the one click Root apps called? Or has anyone got somekinda QR code or link or anything?

EDIT: Oh wait is "BusyBox" the rooting app?