Syncing Outlook Calendar without going through Google Calendar

calypsocowboy

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I work in a corporate environment and we have Activesync on our exchange servers at work.

What I liked about my BB was I was able to put BBDM on my machine and having it sync my contacts, calendars, notes, and tasks.

I got my Droid X a number of months ago and there are a number of things Andriod does well, it's too bad you have to get apps for them but on well.

I'd like to find a way to sync my calendar with my Droid X. I'm not as concerned about the others right now.

The thing I don't want to do is sync my outlook calendar with my google calendar and have it sync that way. I don't want or trust my calendar being out on googles servers.

So my options seem to be Touchdown, which would be $20 and I'd have to agree to the corporate sync policy. Seems a lot just to get the calendar.

CompanionLink with Deja Office - $40 is a lot for just calendar sync.

Are there any other options that would allow me to sync and keep the calendars separate?

Thanks,
Josh

gwilo

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I use 'My phone Explorer'

There is an app for the PC and one for your phone. I use it with Outlook 2003.

You can find in The Market or AppBrain but go to their home page first and see if it is what you are looking for.

FJ Software Development

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
So my options seem to be Touchdown, which would be $20 and I'd have to agree to the corporate sync policy. Seems a lot just to get the calendar.
Touchdown is a an Exchange client. It is not an Outlook sync app (though syncing your device and Outlook both to Exchange would effectively sync Outlook to your device). Despite the seemingly common misunderstanding Outlook != Exchange. Outlook is a client. Exchange is the server.

For Outlook sync options, check the existing threads and Home | syncdroid.net - because Androids need a good Outlook sync.

Why are you looking for an Outlook sync app if you have ActiveSync available? Are you intending to sync your personal Outlook at home?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress