Will I specifically need a Samsung cable for Note 4?

Jason W1

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I was looking at female usb to male micro usb cables with the end goal of using an Xbox 360 controller to play an N64 emulator. The guy at future shop told me on my note 4, only a Samsung cable would work properly. I am dubious though, because I've seen them online for under 3 dollars and the ones in the store were 25 or more.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe. Samsung uses a few different microUSB connectors. Data and power are usually the same on all of them, but HDMI varies. If the emulator needs only a data connection, any 4-wire cable will do. (There are 2-wire cables too - like for wireless headsets - that only have power connection.) If the emulator needs HDMI or something else that Samsung does differently, it'll need the Samsung cab;e.

Try someone else's cable from their phone. If it works, buy a cheap cable. There are loads of them on eBay for under a dollar (if you're willing to wait 2 weeks for shipping from China) and for about $2 on Amazon (or your local almost anything store - dollar stores, drug stores, Walmart - everyone carries microUSB sync cables).