Is it possibile to have a working program for Backup APPS data on android devices?

Riccardo GMAIL

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Dear Sir, Madam,
I'm a not so happy android user right now because there is no software (not working properly at least) for doing a backup of my apps data. Really i'm surpriced that nobody and no news or rumors I can find about it.

It seems that if you have a not "rooted" device you are not able to do a backup, really I'm disoriented. So if the smartphone will broke I will loose my apps data, my games data and whatever? Actually I have to mod my phone to hope some apps on the google play can help me? Are you serious? Possible that nobody have conceived the great idea to provide a way to backup the entire phone to restore it in a quick manner and not hoping all the times "Helium backup" software will work properly? I hope so...
Yes because this is the only app on the entire google market that work, but is not so easy to use, not always working, unfortunately. I think this is google responsibility, and is not correct to demand to someone else.

Please be serious. This is the base service you should provider to your customer. This is the worse problem you have with android devices (there is some problems about the external SD card and how you limitate the accesso from apps, this is not a good choise, if I have it I want to use).

So please if this is not the right place to write this kind of message let me know and I'll be happy to write something in the ride room.

I thanks in advance if someone can give me an answer/suggestion in any case.

Thanks in advance
An android user (for now).

Regards
Riccardo

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
This isn't the right place to post this since this site has no affiliation with Google, it's just a user forum about Android. But...

Google has an API available for simple cloud backups. Unfortunately a lot of app developers choose not to use it. Android also has the functionality to easily restore all your installed apps to your device (regardless of whether they have implemented cloud backups, but it will only restore the app itself and not the data if they have not) but a lot of the OEMs have "blocked" that functionality in favor of their own "device transfer" software.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to Speed Up My Computer

Welcome to Android Central! Here's the number for Google's customer service: (650) 253-0000

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to Speed Up My Computer

Helium will back up data on a non-rooted phone as long as you have a Windows PC available. (It gets "permission" from the PC instead of by root.) It will also back up the apps themselves. (Having 2 backups, one with Google, pone from Helium, never hurts.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa