VS980 stuck in TWRP, no download or Fastboot modes

hughjass5976

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I just started playing around with rooting and flashing about a month ago. I originally got into it because my phone had the knock on stop working so I rooted to install the HiddenMenu.apk to upgrade the touch screen firmware. Eventually I bricked the phone and got it stuck in Fastboot mode about 2 weeks ago. I re-flashed all the img files(boot, laf, etc.) and eventually got download mode back. From there I was able to do a CSE flash to go back to a stock kdz.

The issue I am having now is I dumbly tried to do an ota update while rooted. I got stuck in TWRP and tried to do the known fixes for that:

(go into the TWRP terminal and do this:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc)

It didn't work. Then I tried recovering from backups, wiping and re-flashing roms, nothing worked. I then tried to follow my footsteps from my previous bricking experience and wiped everything off my phone to attempt to get into fastboot. Only this time, fastboot doesn't come up when holding vol+ and plugging in the USB. The LG symbol appears and then I go back into TWRP. My PC won't recognize the phone anymore, so sideloading doesn't work either. Can anyone tell me how to get into fastboot so I can reload the img files and get back to stock? Any help is appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Me2s