08-13-2018 12:40 PM
53 123
tools
    When i play video from YouTube, sound and video are not in synced. Let me know how to fix it.

Thanks in advance!!
    04-12-2015 10:01 PM
    Not sure if this will help, but go to Settings>Developer Options (if you don't see it, then go to Settings>About Phone, and tap Build Number 7 times). Then switch the media player--if it's set to NuPlayer, change it to AwesomePlayer, or vice-versa. Now see if the problem persists.
    Welcome to Android Central! Which device? Have you checked the same videos on your computer? I've noticed that some YouTube videos have that lack of synchronization as a flaw in the video itself, not of the device.
    04-12-2015 11:32 PM
    Hi,

I have Samsung S6 Edge and notice same problems with delay in sound when i check youtube.
    I have a Iphone and checked and no delay on the iphone but seeing the problem with the Samsung Phone.

It would be nice to have more people looking for this because its quite anoying.

I have reset phone and also emty chache and done all i can to eliminate the problem but nothing works.

Its not a huge delay but you see it quite easy if you just look for it.

/TL

Love the phone in all other areas...
    04-16-2015 03:33 PM
    Not sure if this will help, but go to Settings>Developer Options (if you don't see it, then go to Settings>About Phone, and tap Build Number 7 times). Then switch the media player--if it's set to NuPlayer, change it to AwesomePlayer, or vice-versa. Now see if the problem persists.
    04-16-2015 04:23 PM
    Hi this seems solving The problem i had. Really thanks for The help.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-17-2015 03:59 PM
    Hi,

I have Samsung S6 Edge and notice same problems with delay in sound when i check youtube.
    I have a Iphone and checked and no delay on the iphone but seeing the problem with the Samsung Phone.

It would be nice to have more people looking for this because its quite anoying.

I have reset phone and also emty chache and done all i can to eliminate the problem but nothing works.

Its not a huge delay but you see it quite easy if you just look for it.

/TL

Love the phone in all other areas...
    as b.diddy said.. Settings>Developer Options (if you don't see it, then go to Settings>About Phone, and tap Build Number 7 times). Then switch the media player--if it's set to NuPlayer, change it to AwesomePlayer. then restart your device and everything will be back to normal i did it on my s6 edge and it really works thnks b.diddy
    04-20-2015 10:51 AM
    Hi! I cant seem to find the media player option when im at the developer options. I am using a galaxy note 3. Could you help advise on what i could do?
    06-12-2015 10:06 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Not all devices on Lollipop have the NuPlayer vs. AwesomePlayer setting in Developer Options.

Does the sound only become unsynced when you go to fullscreen mode, or change orientation?
    06-12-2015 11:23 PM
    Hi! I cant seem to find the media player option when im at the developer options. I am using a galaxy note 3. Could you help advise on what i could do?
    Me too, i cant find media player option, im using samsung A3, what should i do?
    07-01-2015 02:57 PM
    Me too, i cant find media player option, im using samsung A3, what should i do?
    I also have an A3, I found going into dev options and 'forcing gpu rendering' fixed the problem...
    08-28-2015 03:13 AM
    i have a Samsung Galaxy J5, and the sound is always 3 to 5 seconds ahead of the vídeo, what should i do? ( i bought it 1 week ago )
    11-28-2015 07:39 AM
    Where are we supposed to click on settings? In the Youtube app? I have a samasung Galaxy tab (4 or 5 I forget) that has a lag problem
    02-19-2016 07:28 AM
    to clarify, you need to go to your device settings, not youtube settings. This confused me at first, i thought i needed to go to the Youtube settings. Once i realized it was the device settings, it seems to have fixed it.
    02-21-2016 08:01 AM
    On Galaxy S7 there is no media player option under developer options. So, how do you fix on S7? Thanks
    Danny Long2 likes this.
    04-18-2016 08:15 PM

What if there's no NuPlayer or AwesomePlayer or etc on my phone? My Youtube's always delayed. Help me.
    04-27-2016 12:30 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have?
    04-27-2016 11:24 PM
    Ditto on the S7

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-28-2016 04:25 PM
    Any power saving modes turned on?
    04-29-2016 12:59 AM
    No

04-29-2016 04:55 AM
    The problem is only with a Bluetooth speaker headphones etc

04-29-2016 04:55 AM
    The short answer: You can't fix it.

The long answer: But you can understand why.
    As we've been working on the audio engine for Sonic Beat, we have an intimate understanding of how Android's audio systems work. For the most part, it kinda sucks. Google is aware of this, however, and they have been taking great strides toward fixing audio latency in Android starting with Marshmallow. The rest is up to your manufacturer as follows.

B. Diddy noted some devices have access to AwesomePlayer. If you do, turn it on - it's great. Most of you will not have this option, as it appears to be a Samsung thing.

On that note, Samsung has been on top of things lately. Newer models running Marshmallow take advantage of Google's audio rework. Our testing shows the phones averaging 120ms between sound call and output.

For these phones and others like them, the guys at superpowered.com have been working on a sound engine with impressive results. Developers incorporating it see latencies around 40ms. Still not quite the 10ms of an iPhone, but within three frames of the sound call. Unfortunately, Superpowered lacks a lot of audio format support and so developer take-up may be tough. It's the singular reason we didn't use them when making Sonic Beat.

For the rest of us plebs, we're stuck with Android's original audio engine, even on Marshmallow. My beloved Moto X 2014 measures in at 240ms, which is more than enough to break lip sync when playing Youtube. More unfortunately, 99% of the population doesn't notice and doesn't care. There are worse devices than mine as well. Our Nexus 7 2013 measures in at a whopping 350ms audio latency.

You will only make your life worse by using bluetooth. Bluetooth adds between 100ms and 600ms of audio delay ON TOP of Android's native latency. Part of this is due to compression at the source, and a bigger part is decompression at the speaker. These devices are underpowered to save battery and employ massive audio buffers to keep things from crackling. Simply don't use bluetooth if perfect audio timing or quality are concerns.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-29-2016 02:04 PM
    The short answer: You can't fix it.

The long answer: But you can understand why.
    As we've been working on the audio engine for Sonic Beat, we have an intimate understanding of how Android's audio systems work. For the most part, it kinda sucks. Google is aware of this, however, and they have been taking great strides toward fixing audio latency in Android starting with Marshmallow. The rest is up to your manufacturer as follows.

B. Diddy noted some devices have access to AwesomePlayer. If you do, turn it on - it's great. Most of you will not have this option, as it appears to be a Samsung thing.

On that note, Samsung has been on top of things lately. Newer models running Marshmallow take advantage of Google's audio rework. Our testing shows the phones averaging 120ms between sound call and output.

For these phones and others like them, the guys at superpowered.com have been working on a sound engine with impressive results. Developers incorporating it see latencies around 40ms. Still not quite the 10ms of an iPhone, but within three frames of the sound call. Unfortunately, Superpowered lacks a lot of audio format support and so developer take-up may be tough. It's the singular reason we didn't use them when making Sonic Beat.

For the rest of us plebs, we're stuck with Android's original audio engine, even on Marshmallow. My beloved Moto X 2014 measures in at 240ms, which is more than enough to break lip sync when playing Youtube. More unfortunately, 99% of the population doesn't notice and doesn't care. There are worse devices than mine as well. Our Nexus 7 2013 measures in at a whopping 350ms audio latency.

You will only make your life worse by using bluetooth. Bluetooth adds between 100ms and 600ms of audio delay ON TOP of Android's native latency. Part of this is due to compression at the source, and a bigger part is decompression at the speaker. These devices are underpowered to save battery and employ massive audio buffers to keep things from crackling. Simply don't use bluetooth if perfect audio timing or quality are concerns.
    Thanks for this detailed answer.

Can I ask then why did it work fine on Bluetooth when my phone was on lollipop and then broke when mm came along? It's every video app where I use bt speaker the audio lags massively.

04-29-2016 04:35 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which device? Have you checked the same videos on your computer? I've noticed that some YouTube videos have that lack of synchronization as a flaw in the video itself, not of the device.
    I have a Samsung Grand Prime and my YouTube is having a sound delay
    05-28-2016 07:16 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Did you read the above posts?
    05-30-2016 02:29 PM
    Hello! I have a sound delay 2. I Have S3 neo. It goes like this: I start video, it hangs for a sec., then i get delay.
    06-01-2016 03:24 PM
53 123