How do you remove destination from maps?

A

AC Question

How do you remove destination from maps

I went out earlier and used maps to navigate to where I was going. Now I'm back home but the destination is still set and the phone keeps giving me directions when I'm walking around the house. I can't find any way to unset the destination in maps to shut it up.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do you remove destination from maps

It may not realise you arrived if you deviated just before. Have you reversed out of navigation. You can delete history in Maps settings. Do you inadvertently have it as a home or work destination. You can change those.

Oli999

May 27, 2015
Visit site

Thanks, you were right. Resolved this by setting my house as the destination and then walking to the exact point in the garden that makes it register as arrived. Deleting everything from maps history would also seem to resolve this. All a bit of a hassle. Seems like a pretty major design oversight by the authors of this software that they failed to include a simple function to clear destination.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Still here a waitin'

You shouldn't normally have to do that.
Mine would stop navigating well before then. I don't know if you are inserting a zip/post code or putting a pin on the map, but it should behave like you expected it too.
Many have had temporary issues with Google Maps, (I did last year) but it should be improving all the the while.

I will give it some thought, but hopefully someone else may have ideas.

Meanwhile why not try the app that helped many to get a satellite lock, GPS Status.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez