Best way to recover lost Photos after a factory reset?

hrorick

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Best way to recover lost Photos after a factory reset.

Hey,
I performed a factory reset on my Nexus 5 recently and I thought I had all my photos backed up to google. However, after the reset I realized all of my screenshots and downloaded photos were gone, but the camera photos were still saved. I have tried numerous recovery programs but they either couldn't recover the files or required payment which I am not ready to do yet. What is the best way to get these photos back, if any way possible?

Thanks

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Best way to recover lost Photos after a factory reset.

Hey,
I performed a factory reset on my Nexus 5 recently and I thought I had all my photos backed up to google. However, after the reset I realized all of my screenshots and downloaded photos were gone, but the camera photos were still saved. I have tried numerous recovery programs but they either couldn't recover the files or required payment which I am not ready to do yet. What is the best way to get these photos back, if any way possible?

Thanks

recovery not possible.

use Dropbox too next time which can save Screenshots to cloud automatically.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Best way to recover lost Photos after a factory reset.

I'd look at pc based recovery programs. I haven't tried recovering after a reset, but of the times I needed one, those worked better than the Android app based recovery programs. Your chances of recovering in general are probably low because of the reset, though. If your phone was encrypted, then your chances are zero with consumer level programs. I'm not even sure if forensics level programs could get them.