Trying to install Odin 3.10.. Driver updates needed. How do I get registration key?

Joshua Headrick

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm completely new to the community. I'm installing (or attempting to) install Odin on my antiquated laptop running Windows XP. I KNOW... Try and contain the laughter. I've been using my "stock" samsung galaxy s4 and my galaxy tab 4 for all my Internet needs. I recently discovered there is a huge community of help and followers for all that I despise about stock, carrier issued phones. So it seems Odin is the first place to start. Did I mention? I'm extremely unhappy with my lollipop 5.0.1 update. Any help would be appreciated!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm completely new to the community. I'm installing (or attempting to) install Odin on my antiquated laptop running Windows XP. I KNOW... Try and contain the laughter. I've been using my "stock" samsung galaxy s4 and my galaxy tab 4 for all my Internet needs. I recently discovered there is a huge community of help and followers for all that I despise about stock, carrier issued phones. So it seems Odin is the first place to start. Did I mention? I'm extremely unhappy with my lollipop 5.0.1 update. Any help would be appreciated!
Go to the Samsung download center and input the device model number: Download Center: Download Software, Firmware, Drivers & Manuals | Samsung

The drivers should come up to download and install. That will get your device to be discoverable by the computer. For Odin...that's what you'll use to root and install custom software (ROM). I would suggest reading up a lot before taking the plunge since you'll want to know what to do if you happen to install something that bricks or creates issues with the device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa