What source(s) an in what sequence does Android use for setting profile pictures in my address book?

Raoulja

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
What source(s) en in what sequence does android use for setting profile pictures in my adressbook.

I have all contacts in my gmail adressbook as a main source. Within my Note Edge phone with lollipop installed I have connected Linked In, Facebook and Whatsapp to enrich my contactinfo.

Most of my contacts show a picture. And that makes me happy of course. howeveer it is not clear to me in what te main source is for retrieving the picture and what the sequence is of retrieving when multiple sources have multiple pictures from one single contact.

I prefer to see the Watss app pictures as a profile picture.

How does it work and how can this be changed?

Last edited:

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: What source(s) en in what sequence does android use for setting profile pictures in my adressboo

I have all contacts in my gmail adressbook as a main source. Within my Note Edge phone with lollipop installed I have connected Linked In, Facebook and Whatsapp to enrich my contactinfo.

Most of my contacts show a picture. And that makes me happy of course. howeveer it is not clear to me in what te main source is for retrieving the picture and what the sequence is of retrieving when multiple sources have multiple pictures from one single contact.

I prefer to see the Watss app pictures as a profile picture.

How does it work and how can this be changed?

I believe it works in the order of when the contact was entered in and what account was first. I believe that the Google + photo always goes first if they were entered in originally with your Gmail account. You may have to go in and un merge the contact and select the contact with the photo first and then add the others to that contact when you merge them back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non