My phone has been stuck on Dictionary update for 3 days, how can I get out of it?

Cristnist

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
My phone has been stuck on Dictionary update for 3 days.

My Huawei phone has been stuck on Dictionary update for 3 days, I can't get it to shut down the downland. I have restarted it and pulled the battery. Please help! It is draining the battery.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: My phone has been stuck on Dictionary update for 3 days.

My Huawei phone has been stuck on Dictionary update for 3 days, I can't get it to shut down the downland. I have restarted it and pulled the battery. Please help! It is draining the battery.

Welcome to Android Central!

Try going in to your settings, applications, all apps, find the Dictionary app and force stop it. Clear the data if you can. That may fix the problem.

Thumperdroid

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site

most likely, your keyboard settings (Samsung, Swype, Android,or whatever you have and is being used...) do not have "download over cellular" checked. This essentially means that the download will continue the attempt without success until you activate wifi. This is a bandwith conservation setting, just like in the Google Play Store, where your phone will tell you you have updates available but won't initiate them unless you say so; conversely, if you are already connected to a wifi source, the downloads will begin automatically.

I found the setting for Swype here:
Apps>Settings>(MY DEVICE tab at top of screen)>Language and Input>Swype>My Words>Cellular Data checkbox

I have not found the setting for Android keyboard or the Samsung keyboard yet; however, I would suspect that simply activating wifi and choosing a connection will fix your problem.

Good luck...

Lizzie C

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

This was driving me nuts, but googled, found your site, followed the advice and he presto! It worked. Thanks.

kayangel88

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

Hi! My uncle's phone is having the same problem. I followed your advice but it is still not working. His phone is an alcatel.

I tried:
-the google keyboard refresh
-force stop of the google keyboard
-uninstalled the updates
-checked on what other apps are with keyboards (there isn't one)
-also did the same thing with Touchpal input
-connecting to wifi does not fix it

It is annoying him. This has been going on for weeks and is also draining his battery.

I hope y'all have other fix for this. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall