My phone has been stuck on the same update screen for 20 mins and stuck at 0%

KawaiiKirby17

Nov 11, 2022
Visit site
My phone randomly shut down and before the screen reappeared, I unplugged it. It then said to not unplug the phone until the system update was complete. This was for a Firmware update. It has been at 0% for 20 mins now and I don't know what to do. My phone is a LG Fortune3 . What can I do to use my phone again?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Chances are that you're in Download Mode, which is for transferring a firmware file via USB. It's highly unlikely that a 2 year old phone from LG (which exited the smartphone market last year) would have pushed out an official system update for a budget phone.

Try forcing a shutdown by pressing and holding Power for about 30 seconds. Then wait a few seconds, and try powering on normally.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Last edited:

KawaiiKirby17

Nov 11, 2022
Visit site
What can I do to use my phone again?

I tried forcing a reset like you told me and nothing happened it's still stuck on the same screen at 0% for a firmware update on the LG Fortune3

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I merged your threads -- you need to register if you want to carry on a discussion.

Did you actually count out 30 seconds of holding down the Power button. It's longer than you think.

Last edited:

KawaiiKirby17

Nov 11, 2022
Visit site
What can I do to use my phone again?

My phone randomly shut down and before the screen reappeared, I unplugged it. It then said to not unplug the phone until the system update was complete. This was for a Firmware update. It has been at 0% for 20 mins now and I don't know what to do. My phone is a LG Fortune3 .

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: What can I do to use my phone again?

Welcome to the forums. Firmware updates can take a while to install. However, if it's already been over a half an hour (the 20 minutes you claim and the 15 since your post), you might be in a tough spot. You don't want to reboot during a firmware update. You might need to consider calling LG for support.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I merged your threads and made you the owner of the original guest posts to make it easier for you to find -- thanks for registering.

Please let us know if you actually counted out 30 seconds while pressing and holding Power to force a shutdown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfrostpierce