Does my my phone automatically switch between wifi and data when I get home?

mraamohamed

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Auto Data off Wifi on.

Does Android OS 5 Lollipop automatically switch from data to Wifi when I come home? The reason I ask is last month after I got my first Android phone, btw I have an Asus Zenfone 6 I went over my data plan for the first time EVER and I always see that the Wifi Icon comes on in the phone, but does the data actually turn off, I have heard that there is sometimes a problem with this, I called my provider and of course the say that there is no way they can help. So I come to you people the true Android world.

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Auto Data off Wifi on.

Does Android OS 5 Lollipop automatically switch from data to Wifi when I come home? The reason I ask is last month after I got my first Android phone, btw I have an Asus Zenfone 6 I went over my data plan for the first time EVER and I always see that the Wifi Icon comes on in the phone, but does the data actually turn off, I have heard that there is sometimes a problem with this, I called my provider and of course the say that there is no way they can help. So I come to you people the true Android world.

Thanks ahead of time for the help.
Welcome to Android Central!

As long as the WiFi network is set to automatically connect there shouldn't be no reason why you are using mobile data. Download a data monitoring app from the Play Store and see if you can determine when you are consuming the most data and to make sure your data is being used via WiFi whenever connected to the network.

mraamohamed

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site

Hello just an update, I just got a message for the same question for my Blackberry from BB World and I downloaded an app that allows me tosetup automatic tasks, like turn on/off wifi and many more options (really cool app BTW) is there anything that anyone knows that does the same for the Android world.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Hello just an update, I just got a message for the same question for my Blackberry from BB World and I downloaded an app that allows me tosetup automatic tasks, like turn on/off wifi and many more options (really cool app BTW) is there anything that anyone knows that does the same for the Android world.
Welcome to the forums!

Tasker is a great app that will automate just about anything you want. It's available on the Play Store as a paid app; however, the developer offers a free timed trial on their website. Take a look at Tasker here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...inglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en&token=KBSFRO4V

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non