Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant won't open

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Trying to update my LG Transpyre to 5.1.1, but the Verizon software upgrade assistant will not open. When I click to run "VerizonSWUpgradeAssistantLauncher.exe", my cursor spins for a couple seconds as if it's about to load the program, then nothing happens. If I go into the task manager, I can see the process running, but the program doesn't open. Eventually after a minute, my phone switches over to MTP mode.

This wasn't always happening either. The first time that I plugged the phone into the computer, the program opened and installed the drivers like normal, but I didn't tell it to check for updates. Now that I want to update the phone, the program won't work.

I've already tried rebooting the phone and the computer twice, running the program as administrator, using different USB ports, and even uninstalling the LG VZW drivers to see if maybe it would prompt it to open again. Nothing has worked so far. The only thing I haven't tried yet is using a different USB cable (I'm actually using a white Samsung cable).

The phone isn't activated, so I cannot get the OTA update. My computer is running on Windows 7 Home Premium. Can anybody who's done this before maybe give me some help?

EDIT: Never mind! It was my internet security settings on my Xfinity router that were preventing it from opening. I lowered the security and got the program to open. The phone's now updated to Lollipop. Happy happy! :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38