Virus??????

wolfen1086#AC

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys I've been using an Android phone now for about three months, I dumped BB for the real phones :)
But I just got a replacement Moment from Sprint through the insurance, because my old Moment started doing whatever it wanted to when ever it wanted ot, kinda liek a computer with a virus, I was told that Android phones can get viruses, is this true?
If it is which A/V is better Lookout or AVG? I run NOD on my home computers but they haven't got one for Android p[hones yet.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes, they "can" get viruses, but the chances of you getting one are virtually nothing. You would have to download an infected app from a piracy site, and even the chances of that happening are slim to none.

Personally I use Lookout, partially for the just in case (my dad is an IT guy, so I'm naturally paranoid about this stuff), but mainly for the other features it offers, like backup and lost device location.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i have seen thousands of posts and i have yet to see someone with a virus. The posibility is there but you would have to really be trying to get one. When in the market read up on the apps and the developer. but if you feel you need protection use either lookout or AVG

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If your only downloading apps from the market then your chances of getting a virus is zero. If your downloading from websites, your chances are still slim to none and if they are trusted sites, then none.

If your downloading from an untrusted source then your changes are good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana