How Can I Read And Respond to Texts While Driving?

Longstone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Read And Respond to Texts While Driving

While paired with my vehicle my LG V10 will read my texts to me just fine. What it won't allow me to do totally hands-free is respond with my voice a message of my own. "OK Google" is awful about recognizing my voice (though I found via the search function here it needs an update) and the only way to actually respond is to reach down and tap the speaker button (which I've conveniently placed on my second screen and tell it who to text and what my message is. Is there a way to respond with voice only instead of having to use my steering wheel controls for one of the stock/custom messages?

Anyone who saw my previous post knows I'm coming from a Lumia Icon. I can say a ton of great stuff about this V10, build quality, screen, camera, bio-metrics etc. One things Android (and iOS for that matter) are far behind on is Cortana.

Ok Google and Siri have a long way to go to catch up to Cortana. Don't fool yourselves Cortana Beta on Android is NOT Cortana on Windows phone especially when it comes to the voice recognition/activation/vehicle pairing features.

Honestly the only reason I'm actually considering returning the V10 is for Cortana. I'm trying to talk myself into keeping it with the promise OK Google will be fixed in the near future. Coming from Windows Phone on Verizon, I'm kinda short on the "hoping for a fix in the near future" patience band wagon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa