Why won't my Galaxy S4 sends texts when my SD card is mounted?

Lucky_126

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
So my S4 has suddenly stopped sending texts with the SD card in. It receives texts, but even that isn't as facilitated as it should be considering I receive two of the same messages later than I should. When I attempt to send a message, it doesn't say the message was not sent, or unable to send message, but rather it just keeps trying to send to no avail. But when I remove the SD card, the messages trying to send, send, and any new texts after that send smoothly.

I tried restarting my phone, of course, removing and then reinstalling the SIM card, running malware bytes and avg (no issues), uninstalled several third party apps, and cleared my system's cache. None of this helped. The only thing that did was removing the SD card, which I forgot to mention I have only had for a month and has 10GB remaining out of the 16. The only thing I did not do that I thought of was a factory reset, but considering it seems to be the SD card, I don't see how that would help anyway.

If there is another post like this somewhere else, I apologize, but I did not find it. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could share a fix, because this is a pain in my *** lol.

Lucky_126

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
I found a solution, thankfully. What I did, for anyone else having this problem, was connected my SD card to my computer using an adapter and copied everything over into a new folder. Then I put the card back into the phone, went to settings, storage, and under SD card, clicked format SD card. Make sure you backed up everything on the card first! Once the SD card is cleared, connect it to your computer again and move all the aforementioned files back to the card. Once that's done, put it back into the phone and you shouldn't have a problem :D. Do note, however, any apps you had previously moved to the SD card will show up as files, but will not be functional/installed even after getting them back on it. Therefore you will simply have to go to the Google Play Store, My apps, All, and find what you are missing. Any purchased apps will not need to be repurchased, just reinstalled. Now I hope that was detailed enough :p. I still do not know why my SD card suddenly had an issue, maybe just a registry error or something, but this definitely fixed it, though it was very tedious... But I hope this helps anyone who is having the same problem.

Tipspeed200km

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi first post here, I had this same problem of texts lagging when sending and discovered that it was when the sdcard was mounted in the phone. I did things similarly to what you did to fix the problem. I did update some apps thursday night and friday morning my texts were lagging. I fought all weekend trying to figure out the problem and by luck I figured it out it was the sdcard. I am using a Samsung s4 mini android 4.4.2 on fido.