Why do I need to turn on sync for Google photos?

A

AC Question

why do i need to turn on sync for google photos ?

what does "sync" feature on my android exactly do ?
is it possible to auto backup all my photos in google photos without turning on the sync in my device ?

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: why do i need to turn on sync for google photos ?

You need sync to be on to ensure your data is backed up in the cloud. No sync=No backup

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: why do i need to turn on sync for google photos ?

The sync is Google plus G+ wanting to back up your photos and vids to your G+ account. If you use a new camera app or download from a source that creates a new folder it will ask you then also. If you opt to sync it will automatically backup anytime there is new data in the folders you opt to backup.

You can backup your photos manually by downloading a backup app or by going to the folder with content you wish to backup and selecting the three dots in the upper right corner and selecting share, this will allow you to pick multiple items, or you can open or long press one item and selecting share, pick the source you want to share to and backup is done. You can use the Pictures app to view all your files regardless of location.

If your concern with sync is data usage, you can go into G+ and set it to only sync over WiFi.

Posted via the Android Central App