Can I sync Google messages between my two phones?

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to sync my Google messages between my Galaxy Fold 5 and my Galaxy Flip 5? I jump between devices and would like my messages to sync. Even if it's something I need to do manually

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you use the Google Messages app (or the Samsung stock app and enable 'Call/Texting from Other Devices' linked to your Samsung Account) they should sync automagically with your phone as long as all involved devices have a data connection.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
If you use the Google Messages app (or the Samsung stock app and enable 'Call/Texting from Other Devices' linked to your Samsung Account) they should sync automagically with your phone as long as all involved devices have a data connection.
Where do I find that?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Where do I find that?
You might not have the call/texting app. If you have a Verizon branded phone Verizon blocked that option, unless that changed recently.

I haven't done it for awhile, doesn't Google messages transfer your messages over when you change? I'm thinking out loud here, I don't think it does. A lot say use this app. This could solve your issue, I might try it, as I now remember when I change phones the messages don't transfer. I'm following now as I might learn a better way.

Last edited:

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
You might not have the call/texting app. If you have a Verizon branded phone Verizon blocked that option, unless that changed recently.

I haven't done it for awhile, doesn't Google messages transfer your messages over when you change? I'm thinking out loud here, I don't think it does. A lot say use this app. This could solve your issue, I might try it, as I now remember when I change phones the messages don't transfer. I'm following now as I might learn a better way.

My fold is unlocked and my flip is Verizon branded . That's probably why I am having trouble.

I think that's the app I used to use. I just didn't know if there were an easier way now.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
There used to be an app on the play store called Free Forward that did just that. That was back in the Nexus 6 days, no idea if it's still around.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Call and text on other devices enable them go to Google messages and in settings advanced enable allow Bixby and text on other devices. If that doesn't work go to Google messages and pair device in the 3rd screenshot
5e038e856515b8fd02e4b4270ffc20ac.jpg
236fbc209c84439214b68502e2b5ffbf.jpg
977f0a80323bee209bf586a6bd92ec8f.jpg

Reactions: BerryBubbles

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos