Google Play Store Apps Not Downloading

shought

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,

A couple of days ago this issue started on my Kazam Tornado 348 running Android 4.4.2
For some reason when I go to the Play Store and download any app it shows downloading... however never downloads when I go to the notification is shows as paused. I've tried clearing cache and data from both Google Play Store and Google Play Services as well as clearing cache from Download Manager. I've also tried deleting my Google account and re adding it and obviously tried rebooting.

Below are screenshots of the issues.
Screenshot_2016_04_11_01_12_48.png
Screenshot_2016_04_11_01_12_55.png

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

A couple of days ago this issue started on my Kazam Tornado 348 running Android 4.4.2
For some reason when I go to the Play Store and download any app it shows downloading... however never downloads when I go to the notification is shows as paused. I've tried clearing cache and data from both Google Play Store and Google Play Services as well as clearing cache from Download Manager. I've also tried deleting my Google account and re adding it and obviously tried rebooting.

Below are screenshots of the issues.
View attachment 224145
View attachment 224146

I see by your screen shot. You are on Wifi. Could you try downloading something small from the Play Store over your mobile data, rather than your Wifi. I have a feeling it's your wifi.
If it works over mobile data. Simply POWER CYCLE your modem/Router. aka unplug modem and router. plug in modem first wait for online light to go solid. Then plug in router. Reboot phone just to be sure and try connecting back to WIFI to try it again.
If that doesn't work I am guessing you have a modem/router 1 piece combo from your internet provider. They could have done a remote firmware to your device and caused a change that made this happen. Next call would be them if that is your setup.

Erikrocks

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
@ mhinc

I have the same problem as shought 's,

with a brand new Kazam 348... and honestly I think your answer is out of contest.

I have tried 7 different WiFi networks in 3 different countries and the problem persists.
It seams to be linked to the device itself, which start showing the proplem after a Kazam System Update...

After contacting the Google Play support team and Kazam Support team both could not find a solution to solve it.. an update to a new version of the software ( now 4.4.2) is supposed to solve the problem, but it seams Kazam does not intent to develop a further Android version for this device.

My question is: Is there a way to downgrade to software version 4.4.1 to get rid of the problem?

Thanks for helping !

Andrew McGuire1

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I have had the same problem, tried all the fixes listed by Google and other websites. Unfortunately nothing has worked until I came across the VPN workaround. Basically you hide your VPN from Google? I know this is probably not the correct way but researching the internet this workaround has been used before on other devices to get around the Google Play issue.

Obviously something is causing the problem either within the ROM, phone or network to connect to Google? This problem has been reported before on other devices/networks. If somebody has a permanent fix I'd be grateful to know. Google Play issues have been know for a number of years with various fixes recommended. If you find these do not work for you try the VPN workaround

http://kazamtornado348.weebly.com/

Last edited:

horsluvr2

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I know this was posted in April, but I wanted to thank you for suggesting this! I have looked and looked and done so many things to get GPlay to work on my new phone....and this worked! I do have an old ATT router and I'm sure the modem and router are one. I will get with them to get this fixed, but for now, using up data just to get all the apps updated. Thank you so much!