Why was the shutter in my Camera app turning red when I clicked on it?

RedShutter

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
I've noticed recently that, when I press down on the shutter button in my Camera app, the shutter turns red until I let go of the button. I have experienced this problem before with other devices. I denied my apps access to my photos and the problem went away. Could this be an indicator that my photos were being recorded? I'm quite confused and I wasn't able to find any information online. Thank you in advance.

RedShutter

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
An Android Camera app comes with the (Apple) iPad 2?

Really?

Listen, I'm talking about the default camera app. I'm sorry if I mixed things up. I tried to get help from Apple before and I wasn't able to. I'm not really experienced with these things and I might be getting worried over nothing, but do you know anything which could help?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This seems like something which exists for a purpose and I'm just trying to figure it out incase I'll need it for something.

Well, it is just a guess, but it seems as though the red shutter button indicates you are in video record mode. See How to Use the Cameras on Your iPad 2 (with Pictures)

This forum is all about Android devices and operating systems. You won't find much help here for your Apple iPad 2. :)

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Like N4Newbie posted, this is an Android forum, however, the sister site for Apple devices is the imore forum. You'll have better luck getting help for your iPad2 there. Good luck!