Upgrade to ThunderBolt and Droid Still "Active"

jtmeyers

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I upgraded my phone today from the OG Droid to the ThunderBolt in a VZW Corporate Store. They activated my TB and it's good to go: I can send and receive email / Gmail; send and receive texts; and make and receive phone calls. My question is regarding my Droid though - it's still active (at least partially). I cannot make or receive phone calls on it and I can't send or receive texts. However it is still receiving email / Gmail, and I just checked the browser and it is still functioning. What is really weird is that Wi-fi is turned OFF - so I have functionality via 3G on this phone that has been replaced. Does anyone know why that is? Or, how long I can expect this to last? Is this happening to anyone else?

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded my Windows Mobile phone to a Samsung Fascinate via the Verizon website last month. Just for fun I learned how to install Android on the old WinMo phone. In the process of messing with it, I received an email message on that old phone. I blew it off because I'd been messing with it and I thought it was not possible to do that and figured something was just weird but now that you mention it...

I haven't booted up the old phone for a week or so - maybe I'll check it again and send myself a test message.