No notifications when the app is closed

Darceyhs

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello there, just got my new Ulefone Power in the last couple of weeks, great phone but the only thing I have noticed is that unless an app is still running generally I don't get notifications from it usually with snapchat but also with other apps such as facebook messenger and a few other apps which I get notifications from often. Strangely enough Gmail seems to work just fine. It hopefully is just a simple settings tweak and if someone could point it out to me that would be great, I can also confirm it has nothing to do with wifi as it does the same thing on wifi and cellular. Cheers

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, go to Settings>Data Usage, and make sure it's not set to Restrict Background Data, either universally or for specific apps.

Second, check the phone for any power-saving modes or "RAM booster/cleaner" apps. Turn these off.

Darceyhs

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
Thanks very much for the reply, backgrpund data restrictions were off and I dont think there are any booster, battery saver type apps. Do you think it is just worth resetting the phone. Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since it's a Chinese phone, I would not be surprised if it had something like CleanMaster or DU Battery Saver built-in. Look through all of the settings and make sure there's nothing buried in there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty