Any alarm app that will play music to my Chromecast?

Devin Stein

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
alarm that will play music to my chromcast

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a way to have a alrme go off that will play a song or video on my chrome cast or laptop. I would even be fine with playing youtube video here is what I am working with:

Chromecast 1st gen
Samsung GS6 Edge-google launcher-stock
Nexus 7 (2nd gen)
Laptop connected via HDMI to TV screen
Bestek bluetooth player
youtube red subscription with YT music app)

I have tried a variety of options but nothing is standard and seemless. setting up the alarm on my laptop doesn't work because the computer is inactive and doesn't wake. I tried connection my tablet to the Bluetooth player but the bluetooth player either looses connection sometime during the night or auto shuts off. I tried casting my tablet to the chromcast that is connected to the tv but either the the alarm doesn't come through the tv speakers or the connection is lost when the tab goes to sleep. I have tried a various other set-ups but ultimately something goes wrong. Ideally I would like a solution where I could shuffle a playlist of either video or music that play when my alarm goes off that doesn't use the standard speakers of the tablet or phone. One last thing, yes I know Pandora has an alarm feature but it has commercials and I can't pick the songs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non