Weird micro USB charging issue...

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Just over a week ago my phones micro usb post stopped working with 90% of the cables in my house now only maby 2-3 max will charge it and all of the rest just are not detected. I'm not sure if this is the micro usb slot going for a slow death or if its just something that i've done wrong any ideas of whats wrong or how to fix it?

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
What phone do you have.

The S6 I had SD port went bad.

If yours is broke, the only way to fix it, is to replace the USB Port.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Micro USB cables are prone to going bad, so it wouldn't surprise me if you have several bad ones at once. Since you still have some that are fully working, I wouldn't think it's the port just yet. I'd stick with my usual suggestion of buying a new cable first. If that one gives you problems, then I would start leaning towards the port going out.

Another thing you can try is moving the plug about inside the phone, making sure to keep the cable as still as possible. If that causes the connection to come and go, it could be another sign of a bad port. Also try keeping the plug still inside the port, then bending the cable around right where it leaves the plug jacket (being careful not to actually kink it or go a full 90°, which could damage it during this test). This is the most common failure point of a cable. If the connection comes and goes this way, then there's your answer.