Hidden folder, camera setting, shifting apps

nikhil_bds

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Got the Oppo F1 plus recently. Being a samsung user till now. I couldnt find certain things in the mobile:-

1. How do I make a hidden folder? In my earlier mobile a "." (full stop, period) before the foder name would make the contents of that folder hidden. The Images would not show in the gallery. Also there was an option of weather that folder would be visible or not while browsing folders. Is there such feature in oppo?

2. In the camera I cant find the setting for changing the size of the Image, Like say if i want a 6mb or an 8 mb image.

3. I cant shift apps from internal memory to memory card.

4. There is no " Gallery" feature
Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't have that phone, but here are some thoughts.

1. How do I make a hidden folder? In my earlier mobile a "." (full stop, period) before the foder name would make the contents of that folder hidden. The Images would not show in the gallery.
If you only want to hide the images in the gallery, you could always add a blank text file called ".nomedia" in that directtory (use any file manager app to create the file). Sorry, but I'm not sure why adding the period in front of the folder name doesn't hide the whole folder.

3. I cant shift apps from internal memory to memory card.
Are you talking about the Move to SD option in the Settings>Apps menu? Not all phones support this -- if you can't find it anywhere, Oppo might have decided to get rid of it. Is the phone on Marshmallow? If so, do you know if you can format an SD card to be Internal (Adoptable) Storage? If so, that might be a reason they decided to remove the Move to SD option.

4. There is no " Gallery" feature
Did the phone come with Google Photos preinstalled? If so, they're probably intending for the user to use that as the default gallery app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez