Droid Going Crazy

WalrusGumboot

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, I'm having some problems with my Droid and I was hoping somebody else may be able to help me out. I have a Motorola Droid running Android 2.2.2. I've had this phone for roughly a year and a half without any real problems. All of a sudden, my phone is going crazy and I have no idea why.

It started with my phone just not responding to my touch commands. I would hit a button or try to type something on the software keyboard. But now, it just goes nuts. Yesterday I was trying to open my web browser and it wasn't responding. Then all of a sudden it opened my browser, closed my browser, opened my email, scrolled up and down like 20 times, opened an email, went back to the home screen, opened another app and just went nuts for a good 20-30 seconds. Then it just stopped and wouldn't respond to anything I did. I couldn't even turn it off. I ended up pulling the battery. When I put the battery back in and turned it on, it was the same.

I've tried pulling the battery, I've done like 3 factory resets, I've uninstalled any apps I've put on in the last couple weeks, nothing seems to work. I'd prefer to not have to get a new phone if I can help it. Anybody ever heard of this behavior?

Thanks

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I guess I should explain,

Most mobile phones, are really only designed to provide a maximum 1-3 yrs of service. Bottom line, they want your repeat business.

That's not to say a phone won't last 5 yrs. It happens.

But in todays age, with rapid improvements in technology, from a business sense, it is better to upgrade.

A sad and sorry truth. Which is why most cars start to have problems, right when the warranty runs out....