Wont allow me to download certain apps: "Device not compatible", after reset...CLICK HERE HELP!!

darkie82

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
Wont allow me to download certain apps: "Device not compatible", after reset...CLICK HERE HELP!!

Hi there,

I have a LG Optimus 4XD, Its running on Android 4.03.

Before Tinder and LinkedIN worked well on my phone. I recently reset the phone.

Now Tinder and LinkedIN does not work, neither do some other apps.

It says "you have the latest software update"

What is a good solution? Ideally I would prefer running apps that are older and do not use as much RAM.

My phone is not rooted.

Thanks to those that reply.

jasonandrews25788

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: Wont allow me to download certain apps: "Device not compatible", after reset...CLICK HERE HELP!!

As a temporary workaround, Google suggests clearing Google Play Store's data from your phone and then trying to install Instagram. To do this, go to Settings > Application Manager > All > Google Play Store > Clear data.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Wont allow me to download certain apps: "Device not compatible", after reset...CLICK HERE HELP!!

Ideally I would prefer running apps that are older and do not use as much RAM.

I suspect this is your main problem, and not something really solved.

What I suspect happened is those apps in their earlier versions were compatible with your phone, but were later updated to the point their minimum required specs were more than your phone had. Since you already had the apps installed, they wouldn't change unless you updated them. Some may not have even let you know there was an update because the updated version isn't compatible anymore. Now that they have been deleted from your phone, the only versions you'd find in the Play store are the most current, and thus non-compatible, versions.

About the only way around this would've been to back them up before your reset or try to find earlier versions online. It sounds like you didn't back them up, and downloading apps outside of Play and other recognized stores can be risky. So at this point, I'd suggest contacting the developers directly to see if they have the legacy versions available.

darkie82

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site

exactly what data will be cleared?

darkie82

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site

How do I do this on an LG Optimus? please explain... it doesnt give me that option

darkie82

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site

I tried this! and it doesnt work ,....so what should I do now?