I’m having trouble rooting my new OnePlus 5T. I have managed to unlock the device and install TWRP but I can’t see the downloads folder where I have downloaded Magisk. I rebooted my device and I can see the folder when I use File Manager but it’s no where to be seen in TWRP what am I doing wrong as this is preventing me rooting the device. Also I seem to have to keep installing TWRP once I reboot and when I go into fastboot and select recovery it just reboots back into fastboot. I’m sorry if this has been covered before but I’ve tried following tutorials but they all seems to need me have access to the downloads folder where the magisk.zip is.

Many Thanks in advance
    04-28-2018 11:12 AM
    I would connect to your PC and move the file to the base directory if the phone. This is where you would see the folders like download and photos. That should help TWRP find the file.

If it's still missing, it might be in a format that TWRP can't see or read.
    04-28-2018 01:38 PM
    If the phone is encrypted (almost all phones are), make sure you're running 3.2.1.2. 3.2.1.1 didn't do decryption yet, so you had to remove your PIN or password before running TWRP. 3.2.1.2 works with encryption. (You still have to input your PIN or password in TWRP.)

Put twrp-3.2.1-2-dumpling.img (I usually rename a copy to twrp.img, to save typing) in the same folder as fastboot and run

fastboot boot twrp.img

and the phone will reboot into TWRP. Then you should get a keyboard and you can put in your PIN or password. And see all the real folder and file names. (If it doesn't work, you just restart and you haven't changed anything. If it works and you want to keep TWRP in the phone, boot to the bootloader and type

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

as the OP5T page says.)

Next up (we all hope) is MTP from TWRP. Either 3.2.1.3 or 3.3. (Or maybe 3.2.2?)
    04-28-2018 04:24 PM