I'm looking for a launcher with some unusual features

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I don't know if this is the right place, but I can't seem to find a better spot for this. If I missed something, I apologize and will move it over if someone points me in the right direction.

I want to get a phone for someone, but I'm not sure that it's going to work well for them. I think that for this person to use the phone omfortably, they need something that looks something like Windows Phone.

What I mean is that I would set it up with a set of tiles with the contact information of a few people that she calls regularly so she can just tap and it calls. And also a tile with a picture of a phone to get into the dialer.

I need to hide pretty much everything else.

Does such a thing exist?

Thanks!

PS I know that I'm going to have to choose the right phone, no matter what the launcher is. That will be my next step, if I find something appropriate.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Huawei and Honor phones have a 'Simple Mode' that can change the launcher UI to a more basic look with larger fonts etc and you can add contacts as well as apps to the home screens too. Here's an example on my Huawei Mate 10 Pro to give you an idea.

Last edited:

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
This looks like what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm not sure I want to go with Huawei at this point, though. I'd say there is a good chance they are going to wind up like ZTE, which I don't really want to deal with here.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
You could take a look at launchers like Big, Wiser, Large and such. They are oriented for seniors and kids and include many features to make it as simple as it gets.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Samsung phones also have a simplish mode too that may be appropriate for those seeking a simpler imterface.