Annoying wifi scanning popup wont stop

SuleyG

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
Hi, today I started getting a popup message which read

'by turning on WiFi scanning, apps and services can scan for WiFi networks at any time, even When WiFi is off.'

I proceeded to turn WiFi scanning off but message won't stop appearing every 5-10min.

Restarted my phone and it still kept happening.

Phone is a Huawei mate 10 pro.
Never had this message till today. Haven't installed any new apps today.

Any ideas why this may be happening?

tobiasjwilson

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site

'by turning on WiFi scanning, apps and services can scan for WiFi networks at any time, even When WiFi is off.'

I proceeded to turn WiFi scanning off but message won't stop appearing every 5-10min.

I've got the same thing... Driving me nuts!

Majmaj92

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
I have the same issue!! I thought it was a virus. I restarted my factory settings which is a hassle and still same issue. Cant find a solution anywhere! Huawei Mate 10 user

Ondrei Urban

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
I have the same issue!! I thought it was a virus. I restarted my factory settings which is a hassle and still same issue. Cant find a solution anywhere! Huawei Mate 10 user

Same here on Huawei P20 pro, drives me berserk!
note - tried quick fix by shouting at the bloody phone for a while which didn't work...

Radnagle

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
I have same problem Huawei P10 Plus, it appears today, yesterday I made a system update I think it is a problem, but I don't know how to fix it, it is really annoying.

honor9user

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
Mine is doing the same thing. Huawei Honor 9. Very annoying!

Same phone, same problem.
I tried everything I could think of:
  • Restarted phone
  • Disabled Wifi Scanning in Location Services/Scan Settings
  • Disabled location
  • Disabled Google and Google News from the authorized apps, I couldn't disable play services though
  • Made location use only GPS

I hope someone finds a solution soon.

uurrozm

May 10, 2011
Visit site
My P20 Lite started doing the same today.
I also had an system update yesterday, to 8.0.0.144
It must be a bug, but it´s really annoying.

Jacques Theron1

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
I just opened an app that required location settings and it returned. Just switching WiFi+ back on and off removed it again. Definitely a bug or something Huawei needs to fix :/

Brandon Griffin1

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on my Mate 9. Started yesterday. We should all be contacting Huawei, so they know it's more than one person. I have sent them an email.

I haven't received any Huawei updates.

There are dozens of us on Reddit with the same problem in r/Huawei and r/Mate9

mpskentuk

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on my Mate 9. Started yesterday. We should all be contacting Huawei, so they know it's more than one person. I have sent them an email.

I haven't received any Huawei updates.

There are dozens of us on Reddit with the same problem in r/Huawei and r/Mate9

I have had the same issue since my P10 lite was upgraded to Android 8. The fix as far as it works for me is in location services select GPS only, that seems to stop the pop up message

Brandon Griffin1

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Here is what Huawei sent me:

Thank you for contacting Huawei Device USA!
We really appreciate your interest in our devices.

This is caused by incompatibilities between the device and Google Play services of version 12.8.74 or later.

Solution:

It is recommended that you try to solve it in the following three ways:

When pop up, touch CANCEL button.

Go to Settings > Security & privacy > Location services > The three vertical dots > Scan settings, turn off WLAN scanning.

For now, you are advised to go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Apps > More > Show system processes > Google Play services >The three vertical dots > Uninstall updates(This path will not appear until the version is updated).

Feel free to share this information.

Huawei is actively working with the Google development team to provide a final solution. Please stay tuned for updates about this issue.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, we are working hard to make a connected world and this includes the satisfaction of our valuable customers.

Z C1

Aug 31, 2018
Visit site
Here is what Huawei sent me:

For now, you are advised to go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Apps > More > Show system processes > Google Play services >The three vertical dots > Uninstall updates(This path will not appear until the version is updated).

Huge thanks.
But this makes Gboard flip out and annoy you every 10 sec to update Play services, otherwise it won't work. No way to kill this one. (Yes, I like Gboard better than the pre-installed Swype, which I can't uninstall either...) So I'm trying with an older apk for Play now.

(So yes, same issue on Huawei P10)

Edit: Old apk (12.8.72) adds constant popup to update; "Google Play services won't run unless you update Google Play Services". How bloody annoying can they get?!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89