I had Boost on my phone and had the $50 unlimited data plan.

amygrantboy

Nov 24, 2018
Visit site
I had Boost on my phone and had the $50 unlimited data plan. The plan only provided 2 g of HOTSPOT data though. As soon as my 2 gigs were used up i could no longer use my data connection to torrent. It wasn't a wifi only dl issue because up until my 2g of data were used up i could torrent fine. How does all that work? My friend had Straight Talk and could use his phone as a hot spot until the cows came home, as well as torrent.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It depends on the carrier and plans you subscribed to. It's common to limit hotspot tethering, or to pay extra for it to be unlimited. Read the fine print on your plan and it'll explain it. "Unlimited" rarely means unlimited anymore in the mobile data world.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Their plan says, "The plan gives you unlimited access to high-speed data each month (within reason), without the throttling"

1. "Within reason" means "when you've used 2GB of tethering (hotspot), you're done for the month.

2. No throttling means once you're done, you don't go down to a very slow speed, you're off completely until the next month.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty