List of known apps with aggressive ads

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I experienced this a couple times whereby my entire lock screen was hijacked and started randomly playing an advertisement video for drinking Bud Light beer, etc. I had to swipe left or right of the of the spam screen just to get to my normal lock screen. I removed many various apps, but the problem persisted. Finally, I gave up and did a factory restore to erase everything. This happened not just once, but twice. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly which app caused this problem, but I suspect it was a free radio app that I was using. I haven't installed any radio apps back onto my Note S9 after doing the factory restore, and everything has been okay again for the past few weeks.

Jasjones845

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
One more for the list that I uninstalled from a friend's phone, Power Security Antivirus.

There are hundreds of posts in the forums about these intrusive ads and a generic list of the apps pushing them include many categories: calculator, flashlight, keyboard, camera, antivirus, photo editor, PDF reader, free games ...

In general, this kind of apps has several bad reviews in the Play Store where users reported these annoying ads. My recommendation is to take a couple of minutes reading the reviews before installing any app and, of course, leave a one-star review if you had this problem.

Exactly! Before installing any App, we should read user reviews first then proceed to the installation process. This is the right way to get the perfect application in your mobile.

Nov 9, 2019
Visit site
TxTStory is another one that aggressively forces ads. Even when you're not using the application and doing something else it gave me an ad that was a full screen.

What I should have done is uninstall that app to see if the ads went away but I reset my phone just to get rid of them.

Windroid 2483

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
You can use adblocker to block ads from the app. I have used lucky patcher on my device, But some apps do not work.
Yep. A system-wide ad-blocker (somthing which blcks ads in apps) is the way to go. Advertising networks these days, unfortunately, amount to malware-distribution sites. Malvterising is too common for ads to be trusted.

Of corse, when an app hijacks your screen even when you're not in the app, the app itself is malware! Such an app isn't to be trusted, even if the ads it's trying to display are being blocked.

Reactions: Laura Knotek