Basically I got a small list of apps with known aggressive ads (pop ups on homescreen, lockscreen takeover ads, etc). Let's add to this list!

1. Dream Shell Icons
    2. Apps by EpicOmegaApps
    3. Apps by PINWHEEL
    4. Snap Pic Collage Color Splash
    5. Super-Bright LED Flashlight/Torch
    6. ES App Locker and ES File Explorer
    7. GO apps (GO Keyboard, GO Launcher, etc)
    8. KittyPlay
    9. Peel Remote App
    10. Photo Editor Pro
    11. TouchPal apps
    12. VideoShow video editor
    13. Xender
    14. Zero Team Apps (Z Camera, etc)
    15. HiFont
    16. Battery Doctor
    17. FotoRus
    18. UC Browser
    19. Apps2SD
    20. 360Security
    21. LOCX: App Lock
    22. XBrowser
    23. Solo Launcher
    24. Dolphin Browser
    25. Amber Weather
    26. PIP Camera
    27. KingoRoot
    28. Power Security Antivirus
    ManiacJoe, B. Diddy and EgretOwl2 like this.
    11-28-2018 09:32 PM
    Ooh, great idea!
    EgretOwl2 likes this.
    11-29-2018 01:43 AM
    Ooh, great idea!
    Yeah. It would be nice if we can have people contributing to the list and we can sticky. At least that way we can just link and say, 'look here, if you have any of those, uninstall.'
    11-29-2018 02:08 AM
    What? No Cheetah Mobile apps listed? Or is that such a given that there's no need to list them?

I'm going to sticky this thread so people can see it easily.
    EgretOwl2 likes this.
    11-29-2018 02:49 AM
    What? No Cheetah Mobile apps listed? Or is that such a given that there's no need to list them?

I'm going to sticky this thread so people can see it easily.
    Well technically they're data miners right? Not aggro ads? I haven't tried them so I don't know how they do ads. These are stuff I encountered and lists from Malwarebytes and Symantec before on aggro ads.
    11-29-2018 03:04 AM
    Oh yeah -- I was thinking of a different kind of shady ad practices: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...chava-ad-fraud
    EgretOwl2 likes this.
    11-29-2018 03:11 AM
    One more for the list that I uninstalled from a friend's phone, Power Security Antivirus.

There are hundreds of posts in the forums about these intrusive ads and a generic list of the apps pushing them include many categories: calculator, flashlight, keyboard, camera, antivirus, photo editor, PDF reader, free games ...

In general this kind of apps have several bad reviews in the Play Store where users reported these annoying ads. My recommendation is to take a couple of minutes reading the reviews before installing any app and, of course, leave a one start review if you had this problem.
    chanchan05 and EgretOwl2 like this.
    11-29-2018 08:51 AM
    One more for the list that I uninstalled from a friend's phone, Power Security Antivirus.

There are hundreds of posts in the forums about these intrusive ads and a generic list of the apps pushing them include many categories: calculator, flashlight, keyboard, camera, antivirus, photo editor, PDF reader, free games ...

In general this kind of apps have several bad reviews in the Play Store where users reported these annoying ads. My recommendation is to take a couple of minutes reading the reviews before installing any app and, of course, leave a one start review if you had this problem.
    Added. Thanks. You know I'm really curious as to why people install these kinds of apps. Sure even if you want to install an AV just so you have something to do the thinking of whether an app is malicious or not for you, why go for the weird brands and not the more well known ones like Kaspersky, Bitdefender, AVG, etc.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-29-2018 09:22 AM
    Added. Thanks. You know I'm really curious as to why people install these kinds of apps. Sure even if you want to install an AV just so you have something to do the thinking of whether an app is malicious or not for you, why go for the weird brands and not the more well known ones like Kaspersky, Bitdefender, AVG, etc.
    Yeah, I would love to have the right answer for that
    11-29-2018 09:34 AM
    People see adds for them via Facebook and install them because the ad says your phone is infected. I deal with customers that will have 3+ AV, cleaner, and security apps due to this everyday.
    Javier P and chanchan05 like this.
    11-29-2018 08:40 PM
    People see adds for them via Facebook and install them because the ad says your phone is infected. I deal with customers that will have 3+ AV, cleaner, and security apps due to this everyday.
    Good point.
    11-29-2018 09:15 PM
    I think you guys forgot about youtube
    Michealviens likes this.
    11-30-2018 02:27 AM
    YouTube doesn't serve up aggressive ads that popup and take over your screen. It gives you ads if you don't subscribe to YouTube Premium. If you subscribe, the ads go away.
    Michealviens likes this.
    11-30-2018 02:40 AM
    Hey guys. I came across a post SOMEWHERE (god im kicking myself now!!!!) Of a guy that installed an app that blocked all the other apps permissions. He said it seemed to be working fine but had only just started testing. Anyone know what was used? Might have been a hacker with his own code, dammit, can't remember
    11-30-2018 02:54 AM
    I think you guys forgot about youtube
    There is a difference in normal ads versus aggressive ads. YouTube normally has ads just like Hulu does unless you pay. That is normal. Aggressive ads are things like take-over-phone ads.
    chanchan05 and Michealviens like this.
    11-30-2018 03:00 AM
    Hey guys. I came across a post SOMEWHERE (god im kicking myself now!!!!) Of a guy that installed an app that blocked all the other apps permissions. He said it seemed to be working fine but had only just started testing. Anyone know what was used? Might have been a hacker with his own code, dammit, can't remember
    There's an app called Bouncer in the Play Store. It only gives temporary permissions to apps when you use those apps, then blocks them off if they're not active. At least that's how I understood it. I don't have apps that I feel I need to treat that way, so I don't use it.
    Gary Smith6 likes this.
    11-30-2018 03:47 AM