Battery Stats - Do I need to run it for different size batteries?

technomom

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The last time I flashed a new ROM onto my Droid Incredible I ran the helpful Battery Calibration program https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration as recommended, first charging my DInc to 100% and running it down to 0%.

If I switch out my Extended Battery (3500 mAh) for my Seidio 1750 mAh battery (which has been charged to 100% in its standalone Seidio battery charger), do I need to run battery calibration again?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Clearing the Battery Stats in Recovery when you are at 100% should do the trick for you. I don't believe there is a need to run any other calibrations.

technomom

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Not needed, but should be done. Are you clearing the battery stats in recovery? I'm assuming you are rooted.
I'm clearing the battery stats, using an App called BatteryCalibration, while the ROM itself is running, not specifically while running Recovery. Does that matter?

Is the proper thing to do to pull the battery, boot to recovery, clear battery stats, then boot to ROM?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to boot into recovery without having to pull the battery. Either by booting into HBOOT by turning the phone on with Power and Vol Down or by selecting recovery when restarting the phone.

Be sure you are at 100% when you delete the batt stats. Then let it drain WAY down and give it a full charge. After 2 cycles you should be in good shape.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87