Connect Huawei Y5 to PC

kyraz66

Feb 28, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I recently bought a Huawei Y5, the seller told be I could basically plug it with an USB to my PC and transfer files such as music or images (like with a windows phone or any external storage devices), however this is what happens:

https://i.imgur.com/RTlrzwg.png

The phones generates "DRA-L21" and "J:\HiSuite"

So the "DRA-L21" device is completely empty, the "J:\HiSuite" asks me to install an application... Is it possible to simply use the phone without external applications ?

Thank you for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you connect via USB, swipe down the notification panel and tap the USB icon, then make sure MTP or File Transfer is selected. You should then be able to explore the phone's storage using Windows Explorer.

asovine

May 24, 2019
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you connect via USB, swipe down the notification panel and tap the USB icon, then make sure MTP or File Transfer is selected. You should then be able to explore the phone's storage using Windows Explorer.

Hello,

thanks a lot for this answer...but I have already made all the steps you mentioned, and my Huawei is still not connected to PC - it appeared only in settings in printers and sound under the MTP name

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo