Samsung default email app not connecting to AOL Mail?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I just keep getting sign-in failed out of nowhere, even though if I go to the AOL app itself on my phone, it shows my email just fine. I just thought this was kind of weird.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If two apps are doing it, it's probably a failure message the site is sending that it shouldn't be sending.

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
I just keep getting sign-in failed out of nowhere, even though if I go to the AOL app itself on my phone, it shows my email just fine. I just thought this was kind of weird.
Wait a second... Who uses AOL in 2019?! Anyways, maybe they shut down access via 3rd party apps?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I dunno what the deal is, this only happened once or twice a while back, now it seems to be nigh-constant. I've not done anything new, no new apps, etc. I've been using this phone for about 2.5 years now. So, even resetting the phone isn't doing it, and keep in mind, the default email app connected to AOL plus the AOL mail app by itself both used to work fine. This literally happened within the last few days. And I've been using AOL since 1994, had the same email since 1997.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I dunno what the deal is, this only happened once or twice a while back, now it seems to be nigh-constant. I've not done anything new, no new apps, etc. I've been using this phone for about 2.5 years now. So, even resetting the phone isn't doing it, and keep in mind, the default email app connected to AOL plus the AOL mail app by itself both used to work fine. This literally happened within the last few days. And I've been using AOL since 1994, had the same email since 1997.
There was a update to the Samsung email app maybe it fixes your issues.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
All right, is that going to show up in the PLay Store or do I have to go somewhere specific through my phone for the update, thank you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38