How to save and share screenshots on Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 WiFi

Mike994

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
I am constantly puzzling about the following:
I would like to save screenshots on Google Drive within a specific folder, let's say 'Screenshots'
This folder to be shared with another Google account, from pc.
When the other Google Account (family member) dumps screenshots there, then it should be visible on my tablet as well.
Screenshots are thus shared vice versa.
There is no password secrecy or something, that is not the problem.

Only thing is that we want to share files in an easier way, if possible.
Right now files are shared as attachment to mails, then saving he files, etc. A bit unhandy.

I have no apps installed, all stuff is very basic.

Should I install an app to do make this possible?
Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

Mike994

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I am sure, 100%
On desktop, I am the only user.
On tablet, both my wife and I are the users.

IF/IF...
it would be possible to save the the screenshots to Google Drive then the problem would be solved.

Using desktop browser I could log in using my wife's credentials and go to Google Drive and then fetch the screenshots from there.

However .. one way or the tablet screenshots are saved onto the device, not to Google Drive.
I don't know where and which settings I need to change so that screenshots are saved to Google Drive
(and not to the device)

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What if you use a different cloud storage, like Dropbox, and just create a single account that you all share? Install the Dropbox app on each device and log in with the same account. So when one person uploads a file to Dropbox, it should become immediately visible in the other person's Dropbox app.

Mike994

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
I don't know, to be honest. I never used Dropbox. I have Office 365 and can use upto 5x 1TB cloud store (IF necessary), but use only very little cloud storage.
Also both my wife and I have a Google account and the tablet is based on the use of Google account - so I assume using Google Drive would be the first way to go.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree, Google Drive would be ideal and ought to work, but with Google being Google, sometimes things don't work as smoothly as they should.:-\

I might have missed something earlier -- are you saying your wife is adding the screenshots to Google Drive on her PC? If so, is she uploading them directly to Google Drive using the website, or is she saving them to a physical folder on the PC's hard drive, and relying on Google's Backup & Sync program to automatically sync the file to the Google Drive folder in the cloud? If it's the latter, then I've also noticed that Backup & Sync doesn't seem to sync the file right away. I'm not sure how long it takes for the sync to occur, but when I look at it again a few hours later, it's finally synced.

Mike994

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for getting back.
Screenshots are saved on the tablet.

So, on the tablet, a screenshot is made.
It is on that device (tablet) somewhere.
Okay.
I am not very familiar with Android, sorry.

Now I want those screenshots from the tablet to be saved on Google Drive.
Actually I want that to be default, but don't know how to do that.

Yesterday, on the tablet, I noticed a 'folder icon. I never used that before, it is a shame, I know.
When I clicked on that, I got into a screen with all the screenshots... great!
I then tagged the screenshots, clicked on the 'share' button at the top, selected Google Drive.
So, I assume they are on Google Drive then.

Today, on my desktop PC, I logged in (browser) using my wife's credentials.
Went over to Google Drive, there is nothing there, no screenshots.

On the tablet, I selected Google Drive, I noticed a lot of thumbnails, but the status was: "waiting for upload".
Checking Internet. Ah! It seems to be common problem...

It took me some time to solve this - the solutions provided didn't work. I made it work as follows (2-steps)

1)
Go to Google Drive app->Settings
Then left hand top corner , select the 'Hamburger button'
Select Settings
Hit "Clear Cache"
Increase Cache Size to max (1000MB)

then

2)
Go to Device Settings
Select Applications
select Google Drive
click on Force Stop
click on Disable
then re-enable again

Now sync is going well, files were uploaded and accessible on desktop pc.

Google Drive was also updated (newer version)

Need to write this down somewhere as undoubtedly this will happen again.

Thanks so far.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you clarify -- what was that solution? Was it just to clear up the "Waiting to Upload" issue, or is it actually syncing the screenshots?

The problem may be that you're trying to automatically sync a physical directory on the phone to Google Drive -- it doesn't work that way on mobile devices (that only works on a computer, using Google's Backup & Sync program). You can sync a folder to Google Photos, which is related to Google Drive, but not exactly the same thing. If you sync to Google Photos, the images will show up in your own Google Photos feed, but I'm not aware of a way to automatically place those images in a shared album.

It is possible to view your Google Photos in Google Drive (in a folder-like structure) by going to the Google Drive site, clicking the Settings icon, then turning on the "Create a Google Photos folder" toggle switch. But again, I don't think there's a way to automatically share the screenshots that you're talking about, because those photos are grouped by date.