Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 : How to share screenshots with Google Drive ?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 WiFi

I regularly make screenhots on this device. Later I wish to share/store them with/onto my Google Drive.

So select, then share, then select Google Drive to share with.
Then there is this little pop-up saying that they are uploaded to Google Drive.

However, nothing is uploaded, not even after a day.

I discovered that images are 'pending to be uploaded' all the time (or something like that), but the actual upload/share does not take place.

Android version 6.01
Browser Opera
Settings > General > Account: Google is listed
and all items are tagged and I can see that recently it has been synchronised.

Also triggering a manual sync does not help.

I am not an expert, but what am I doing wrong?
Or better: how to share screenshots with Google Drive?

Do I need a separate app to do so?

Thanks!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If your Drive account is linked to this device it is curious why they never end up on your Drive... Before I give you my 2 cents, are you selecting a location on your Drive for the photos to go? For example I have about 10 folders on my Drive, usually if I don't select one it defaults to the last location I was sending things, but if I log in from a new source it will often want to put things in the root folder, known simply as My Drive. Are you selecting a location?

Meanwhile, is your Drive account full? Have you purchased any additional space or upgraded at all? If items will no longer upload to Drive it is usually an indication that you have run out of space. Dive will not delete any of your saved data but it will stop syncing your new data and won't allow you to upload anything new until you purchase a package or make room by deleting other data. I'm kind of surprised if this is the case that you aren't getting notifications that your account is full and pushing you to upgrade.

Let's just assume for a moment that your account isn't full and things just aren't working manually. Have you gone into your Photos app, at the bottom select Albums, select your screenshot folder, and there at the top select backup and sync. Slide that slider and see if your images get backed up to your Drive account after that. You can try to force it but I'm not sure that Sync All in your account settings will affect Drive but it is part of your Gmail account so it might. Or you might have to wait a little bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze