Note 9 Overnight charging....do it? or not?

AirMech74

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so what is the answer to this, i've read that you shouldn't charge your phone overnight and i've read that it is ok....what say the people?....I've always put my phone on the charger, whether it is a plug or wireless.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok, so what is the answer to this, i've read that you shouldn't charge your phone overnight and i've read that it is ok....what say the people?....I've always put my phone on the charger, whether it is a plug or wireless.
I don't think it would hurt it , as they give safe protection for battery, but what if that fails ?I Iike to watch over these things if I could nothing guaranteed.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I personally don't because of the small electrical danger. There may be other reasons not to, but I don't get beyond the first reason so I don't consider them.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Wireless charging pads throw off heat, which is bad for the phone. (Even if it's a charging stand, the charging receiver in the phone generates heat - same problem.

Wired charging? No problem ... unless the charging chip in the phone goes bad and allows the battery to cook. Or a storm comes up and the power line gets a few thousand volt pulse on it, which will probably fry both the charger and the phone (and could start a fire and burn the house down around you). And if the charging chip is actually charging to just a bit more than 100%, it will shorten the battery life (which is why I charge to 95%).

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't think it would hurt it , as they give safe protection for battery, but what if that fails ?I Iike to watch over these things if I could nothing guaranteed.
Exactly. I've ruined things on an overnight charge and I'm just not willing to risk my phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Exactly. I've ruined things on an overnight charge and I'm just not willing to risk my phone.
I've never ruined anything doing it but I don't do it often . I deal with circuitry everyday and nothing is fail proof . It just takes one time no matter how lucky iam so I keep a eye on that .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty