Why android?

franelpana

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I guess most people won't like this thread but whatever

I had an iphone and it got stolen (don't ask how it was too stupid) and i picked up a blackberry that was around my house and no one was using it (how dare people call blackberries smartphones?) because i wanted to wait for the iphone 5.
Now i've gotten really interested on androids, mostly because they look more free (Yes i had my iphone jailbroken but still)
I loved my iphone, but sometimes it seemed like i was trapped in apple's IOS. The good things i see on the iphone are:
- Good screen resolution
- Good camera resolution
- More apps (i think?)
i'm a computer guy (call me a geek if you want) but i'm not a programmer or anything.

Now here comes the questions.
Can you guys give me reasons to switch?
Oh, and can paid apps on the android be cracked like in the iphone? (i know it's illegal)

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a jailbroken iPod touch and even in when jailbroken iOS doesn't offer anywhere near the freedom you get with Android. Don't like the keyboard that came with your phone? Go to the market and download a different one. Want to see your local weather info right when you unlock the device without having to go into your weather app? No problem, that's what widgets are for. As for the number of available apps, the Android market is quickly catching up and my time in Apple's app store has taught me that quantity most defiantly does not equal quality.

And yes, "cracking" paid apps is piracy and highly illegal. Don't do it.

franelpana

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
well, i guess now i have no reason to not change, now to choose a phone :p.
If people wanna keep commenting, feel free to do so, i'd still like to read everyone's opinion

Crackb3rry420

May 29, 2011
Visit site
reasons why android is better then iphone- better processor(dual core)faster,flash support,CUSTOMIZATIONS,the only thing iphones have is their screen,and facetime if u care for it.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm with Dark Wizard Montoya on this. There are some good reasons why Android has it's benefits over iOS. Yes, battery life suffers if the user abuses widgets and background data, but it's the ability to have choice which makes it great.

The choice of devices is also another benefit and the ability to move from one carrier to the next and still have choices on the type of device you are looking for. Android devices are pushing mobile technology to its limits and this is what is driving innovation.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm with Dark Wizard Montoya on this. There are some good reasons why Android has it's benefits over iOS. Yes, battery life suffers if the user abuses widgets and background data, but it's the ability to have choice which makes it great.

The choice of devices is also another benefit and the ability to move from one carrier to the next and still have choices on the type of device you are looking for. Android devices are pushing mobile technology to its limits and this is what is driving innovation.

Battery life, does not have to suffer. You just have to learn how to manage it.

Android is freedom. Freedom from the constraints of carriers.If you wish a carrier to dictate how your phone should be, well, that is your choice.

With Android, you will get an education, with iPhone, you learn how to be ..... mentally restricted.

Join the dark side of Android..........