7" tablet suggestion

billkater

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I am looking for a new 7" tablet. What do you all suggest?

I am using a Galaxy tab a 7" right now. What is the newest and best out there right now?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not much in terms of 7" tablets. The only decent new Android tablets these days are from Samsung and Huawei. The Samsung ones are typically at least 8" (and the more powerful ones are 9-10"), and Huawei's still in limbo in terms of being able to have Google services at all. Lenovo makes some decent budget tablets, but don't expect them to be powerhouses.

billkater

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
All I really do is stream from Plex, Netflix, Amazon, ECT.

The Galaxy I have has had issues with wifi since day one. Signal is steady but speed slowly drops to unusable speeds. If I clear cache it sometimes helps. Most time takes a factory reset. About once a week.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lenovo Tab 4 8, which is surprisingly decent for the price (I got it refurbished for $90; it retails new for $129). The Snapdragon 425 processor is admittedly not a speed demon, but for media consumption, it works just fine. Screen is only 720P, but it's bright with good colors, and it has two front-facing stereo speakers that are pretty loud. Dolby Atmos improves sound quality as well. The 16 GB of internal storage it comes with is fairly limiting, but it does have a microSD slot, and you can format the card as internal storage as well (although this carries some risks).

It was updated to Oreo 8.1, which was more than I would've expected for a budget tablet. Keep in mind that the Tab 4 8 Plus (which was sold by carriers with LTE functionality) was not updated from Nougat, and it also has a bug that causes it to drop 5 GHz wi-fi connections, so stay away from the Plus version if you're considering it.

You can find it on dailysteals.com as a refurb for $75, which is a steal: www.dailysteals.com/products/lenovo...ore-processor-1-4ghz-16gb-storage-slate-black. I've gotten refurbs from Daily Steals before, and have had a good experience.

Nov 9, 2019
Visit site
You'll pretty much have to either get the Lenovo Tab E7 (if that's how you write it) or the 7" Fire tablets. I think there's a Huawei one that's 7 inches but I am not too sure and Huawei has a bad reputation considering the US Ban.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89