Just got a new phone and Pinterest images are very pixelated and blurry

Lynn Phipps

Nov 20, 2019
Visit site
I just got a new phone recently, I switched from a Motorola Droid turbo 2 to a Moto Z4. The image quality in my Pinterest app and also my Snapchat app are super pixelated and they weren't on my last phone. I've messed around with countless settings and also called the support number for Motorola, but they just told me that my internet connection was bad. (not true since I already asked Verizon and my Wi-Fi connection has been fine on all of my other devices...) Help!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Is it just the images in those apps, or everything about those apps that are pixelated? Do all other apps show normal resolution?

Did you install Pinterest and Snapchat from the Play Store, or from somewhere else? Are they fully up to date?

Lynn Phipps

Nov 20, 2019
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Is it just the images in those apps, or everything about those apps that are pixelated? Do all other apps show normal resolution?

Did you install Pinterest and Snapchat from the Play Store, or from somewhere else? Are they fully up to date?

Oh thank you! Didn't know where to put it. All of my apps are up-to-date and so is my operating system, so far it's just those two apps that have the low resolution. I did download them from the play store, I've even downloaded them and re-downloaded them a few times to see if that would do anything. And within the app it's only the actual images themselves that are super pixelated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you confirm that it's the same regardless of the wi-fi network you use, or if you're on mobile data instead?

Lynn Phipps

Nov 20, 2019
Visit site
Can you confirm that it's the same regardless of the wi-fi network you use, or if you're on mobile data instead?

Yep, on wifi and mobile. I've also been on many different Wi-Fi networks and it's the same on all of them. The pictures aren't blurry on any of my other devices, just this one. Even when I go to Pinterest on my internet browser and simply sign in directly from there, they are still bad.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it could be an issue with Android System Webview on that device. If the phone is on Pie, Chrome handles the webview -- see what happens if you temporarily uninstall all updates for Chrome.

Lynn Phipps

Nov 20, 2019
Visit site
I wonder if it could be an issue with Android System Webview on that device. If the phone is on Pie, Chrome handles the webview -- see what happens if you temporarily uninstall all updates for Chrome.

Okay, so I uninstalled all of the updates for chrome: no change. I also disable the chrome app entirely: no change. My phone is on Pie, though. I did figure that out.

Lynn Phipps

Nov 20, 2019
Visit site

Lynn Phipps

Nov 20, 2019
Visit site
Also can you show a screenshot of the pixelated pictures on both apps , just cross out any private info .

Here are some screenshots, and as far as beta... I don't believe so, no. I just downloaded them as usual.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191126-000259.jpg
    Screenshot_20191126-000259.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20191126-000447.jpg
    Screenshot_20191126-000447.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20191126-000720.jpg
    Screenshot_20191126-000720.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 4

Forum statistics

Threads